Wednesday, November 24, 2010

VTT - Thanksgiving Turkeys



This Thanksgiving postcard with the singing turkeys never fails to amuse me. The idea of singing turkeys is ridiculous, but their words echo over and over in my mind:
Thanks to him who spared our living
We're here, we're here till next Thanksgiving.
I am showing one of the same sets of turkey salt and pepper shakers that I showed last year, with the addition of a large matching turkey I found this year. I find the large turkey somewhat puzzling. It seems too big and hard to handle as a shaker, yet it has the same kind of holes as a small shaker. Is it really a salt shaker? Does it have a mate?



I'll end by wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving with a Thanksgiving Day Video Card.




I'm participating in Vintage Thingie Thursday

7 comments:

  1. I am glad you shared your turkeys again.I had not seen them and enjoyed seeing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it's a big turkey because turkey day IS a big day! Have a great turkey day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm....I wonder what the function of the big turkey could be?? Well, nevertheless, he's a cutie! :)

    HaPpY vInTaGe ThInGiE tHuRsDaY!
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really enjoyed watching the Thanksgiving cards on video :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, great turkeys and loved the video. How cute!! Happy VTT!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...