Saturday, December 29, 2007

John Kendrick Bangs New Year's Quotes on A. M. Davis Postcards

My curiosity was aroused when looking over my old New Year postcards. I noticed that I have four New Year postcards published by A. M. Davis with greetings or verse attributed to John Kendrick Bangs. I had never heard of him before, but I soon learned that John Kendrick Bangs (1862-1922) was a well-known American author, magazine editor, and lecturer.

This postcard is the only one of the four with a verse that rhymes. The verse alludes to New Year's resolutions, and the card is illustrated with the popular New Year's symbols, Father Time and Baby New Year. I can't read the date on this postcard. The other cards are copyright 1910 and have greetings wishing happiness and joy.

John Kendrick Bangs Biography

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...