Saturday, December 29, 2007

A Beautiful Season

Snow scenes have always been popular subjects on winter holiday and Christmas postcards. Most of the scenes, even on modern Christmas postcards, are very traditional and nostalgic.

I love the simple design of this postcard. I was reminded of it when I looked out my window today. The snow is slowly drifting down in big white flakes and the trees have a white coating. This has been an unusual year for snow in December. We haven't had any big snowstorms, just a lot of little additions to the snow already on the ground. The snow that fell on Christmas day was the most for that day since 1950.

This postcard was designed by Craig Lueck and published by Hallmark Cards, probably some time in the late 1980s.

For more information on holiday postcards, see my recent article Modern Christmas Postcards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...